Pages

If you like this blog, visit my cooking blog, Cooking Finland.

Friday, December 24, 2010

Thursday is craft day! Ornaments from soda cans!


 Well, Thursday was craft day, but I'm a little behind this week.  but I have a great quick  Christmas craft to share, next year I think we will cover the tree in these and not have to worry about the dogs breaking/eating all the ornaments and candy canes.  These look like they would be sharp, but really aren't, the kids could have helped me make them, if there weren't so many Christmas specials on TV...

First, I cut a soda can in half...

Then cut slits down the sides like this:


Fold down the fringe:

If you want, put a squirt of spray adhesive in the middle and sprinkle on some glitter.  You can also trim the spikes on an angle if you want.  I used a needle and some thread to make a loop for hanging.

This craft is so simple, the kids will love making them, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment