Pages

If you like this blog, visit my cooking blog, Cooking Finland.

Thursday, December 16, 2010

A flower still life for a dreary day


It is so dreary today that it is hard to get a good painting photo, but this one is acceptable.  While I've always been more of a tomboy, roses and sunsets have always been some of my favorite subject matter.  Must be a lingering bit of girlishness...  This one may be small, 8x10 inches on stretched canvas, but I really like it.  I painted it last month to demonstrate to my daughter how I painted a larger, similar painting when I was a teenager.  I'm not sure this particular bouquet ever existed, I think my painting teacher probably supplied some kind of picture, but that was decades ago.  For me, painting this small copy of my old beloved painting was like sitting in a chair at my teacher's house in a little house far away from here, feeling her hand on my shoulder.  Some days I can still hear her voice if I concentrate.  

No comments:

Post a Comment