Pages

If you like this blog, visit my cooking blog, Cooking Finland.

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Crafting for Christmas

This blog will be about my paintings, but other crafts will have to sneak in now and then, and today the room where I usually paint is too cold to stay in long...so I'll start out with a quick but impressive holiday craft.  Then I'll go and finish weatherproofing the painting studio...


My husband is from Finland, and the kids and I have been making these gorgeous paper snowflakes (or stars) for holiday decorations.  They are very sculptural, and actually quite easy to make.  This video that I found explains the process quite well.  I used a low temp hot glue gun instead of the tape, and stacked up the six sheets of paper to cut them.  


Wish I had some thick, double-sided gold paper, wouldn't that be gorgeous?!

In case you are interested, I found this project on another beautiful blog which is in Finnish, but Piia does a wonderful job of translating most of the text if you look closely.  


No comments:

Post a Comment