Pages

If you like this blog, visit my cooking blog, Cooking Finland.

Friday, December 10, 2010

I Wonder if Fairies Dream of being Little Girls?

This is the first in a series of fairly small paintings of little girls playing dress-up.  It is based on my daughter when she was about 2, when she wore a princess or fairy dress and carried a baby doll most places.  When my oldest son was little, we saw girls in their princess dresses at the grocery, and I wondered why on earth their moms let them go out in public like that.  It didn't take long for my daughter to educate me.  You develop a lot of understanding as a mother as the kids grow.  

The dress-up series is vibrant and has a dream-like quality.  This one has copper metallic highlights.  It is back-stapled canvas, 11x14, painted with acrylic paint.  Couldn't resist adding some copper metallic accents with my new tube of Golden copper...a new tube of paint sometimes makes me giddy!  

No comments:

Post a Comment