Pages

If you like this blog, visit my cooking blog, Cooking Finland.

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Another version of the blizzard


My daughter was inspired to make her own version of "The Blizzard" on an 8x10 stretched canvas.  She did a beautiful job, so cheerful for such a gloomy subject!  She learned a lot about painting trees and lighting.  I barely get to see her work until it is finished or she needs to know how to do something.  She is so independent (and maybe a little stubborn), but she learns best by watching and experimenting.  Not a bad way for a girl to be!

I'm not sure what she titled this next one, she painted it last year while looking at a book of Thomas Kinkaid paintings.  It is 16x20 inches on stretched canvas.  I love her color mixing and depth in this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment